Living in Charleston, SC
Living in Charleston, SC has become all the rage and Charleston retirement isn’t too far behind. Between Travel & Leisure naming Charleston as the #1 City in the World and Conde Nast naming Charleston as the Best City in the US, it’s not hard to understand why numerous seniors choose to retire in Charleston.
Besides the gorgeous Charleston beaches, the every growing list of things to do in Charleston, and living among some of the nicest people in the world, here are 5 of the top reasons you should consider a Charleston retirement:
- Charleston Retirement Communities: Charleston is filled to the brim with some of the most amazing retirement communities in South Carolina. With Del Webb, Cresswind at the Ponds, and Four Seasons, Charleston has a retirement community to fit every personality and lifestyle.
- Lower State Taxes: Northern property taxes vs. southern property taxes are astronomically different and a move to gorgeous Charleston, SC can actually save you thousands of dollars in property taxes a year!
- Award Winning Restaurants: Living in Charleston, SC means always eating well! The Charleston restaurant scene is absolutely incredible, and there are a slew of award winning restaurants in our midst. Charleston even has a handful of restaurants that’ll make all Northerners feels close to home! Check out my guide to Northern Eats on Southern Streets.
- Inexpensive (or Free!) Fun: Living in Charleston means there is lways something fun and inexpensive to do in the area. Between the beaches, museums, concerts, and art walks, there is a plethora of fun to be had by the entire family.
- Centrally Located: Living in Charleston means having access to any vacation spot you can imagine! Weekend getaways to see mountain waterfalls or sinking your toes in sandy Floridian beaches are easy to accomplish because both destinations are only a 4hrs drive. Better yet, the South Carolina Ports also offers a Carnival Cruise dock which will have you cruising to the Caribbean in no time.