Retirement Communities in Charleston, SC
As an active adult and REALTOR®, it is important for me to provide free and easy resources for retirees and seniors looking to move to communities in the Lowcountry who have active adults in mind.
Below you’ll find a list of my favorite retirement communities in Charleston, SC:
- Del Webb: This lovely community, also known as Del Webb at Cane Bay, is located 25 miles north of downtown Charleston and is spread across 360 acres of meticulously manicured terrain. Booming with social activities, amenities, recreational facilities and Southern flora & fauna, it’s an amazing community you’ll rarely want to leave.
- The Elms of Charleston: This awesome spot is located on one of the south’s oldest plantations and dates back to 1694. Today the community offers 250+ low maintenance patio, attached garden, and condominium single level homes. With a private entry gate and clubhouse, card and game rooms, swimming pool and walking paths, and located close to the gorgeous Wannamaker park, this community is one to check out.
- Cresswind at the Ponds: Located 30 minutes from downtown Charleston and 5 minutes from historic downtown Summerville, this retirement community has the best of both worlds. Featuring spacious homes, monthly events, bocce ball courts, horseshoe pits, and an amphitheater for special events, this is a great location to consider if you’re looking for some relaxing fun.
- Liberty Cottages: Nestled among the marshlands in the highly sought after town of Mt. Pleasant, this beautiful retirement community is the only age restricted neighborhood in all of Park West. Located minutes from the beaches of Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, and the outdoor shopping mall at Mt. Pleasant Town Center, this lovely space is a haven for sun lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- The Pines: This gated community is situated in the heart of gorgeous Summerville and hosts a resort style swimming area, fitness center, aerobics studio, and library and craft room. This friendly neighborhood is small enough that everyone will know each other as they mingle and walk to their destinations.
- Four Seasons: Located at the Lakes of Cane Bay, the Four Seasons is a resort style, lakeside living community boasting a vibrant lifestyle full of brilliantly designed homes and ammenities. Full of 8 miles of lakeshore to explore, this neighborhood is the perfect getaway for lovers of the outdoors.
- Carillon at the Ponds: Tucked within the natural beauty of a 1,100-acre preserve, Carillon at the Ponds hosts a slew of ammenities including a saltwater pool, YMCA fitness center, grandchildren playground and gardening plots w/ a muscadine field. The site of this community dates back to 1682 and with it’s picnic areas, gazebo, and lovely scenery it’s chocked full of Charleston charm.